Skip to main content

Life So Far


In two days the results of the 2017 Bar Examinations will be released. On May 3rd, it will be a year since ours were posted. A year since my life made a huge turn. 

I've been trying to write about the whole Bar experience but I still can't organize my thoughts. Too many memories come and go, and sometimes, I am left with nothing. At all. Though I did write drafts of other stories that I'd like to keep here. A birthday post. A latest project post. A post about the danger of not giving a fuck. But I've deleted all of them, just now. I don't know 😕

Have you ever had that? That moment when you are dying to tell someone about these amazing things happening in your life but for some reason you just can't? 

So I'll just sum it up: life has been good, so far.

I wouldn't say that I am already up there because I am not. My wobbly knees are still struggling to stand firm on the first steps of this new, tricky and seemingly infinite ladder that I am taking. Still, I am happy where I am right now as a lawyer & notary public / entrepreneur / electric cooperative director / recently elected and probably the youngest president of our high school's alumni association haha. I am finally financially independent and don't have to ask from my parents for cellphone load. I work at my own time and I am my own boss. And most importantly, I am privileged with an opportunity to serve the people, to give back not only to my family but to the community as well.  

I admit, however, that there are times when I wish for more, for something greater. There are days or weeks even that I feel uninspired. In the past months, it's as if I was floating on a murky river with no end. Just going with the current, unconcerned of where it will take me. Plenty of times I asked myself: is this all that I can do? Is this all that I will ever be? 

I know I should not rush things and trust that something is and will be laid out for me, in due time. Yet I still feel it, no matter how many times I brush it aside.

But I'm trying to control things by changing what I can. This year I made a mental promise that I would focus on improving myself - physical, mental, psychological, spiritual. Live more lawyerly. I've also accepted chances which normally I would turn down for the simple reason that I feel inadequate, and I aim to continue challenging myself by getting out of my comfort zone. With the wedding plans in place and the increasing passion to serve the public more efficiently, I am more motivated to become a better and more fulfilled individual.

Life is good. No need to worry nor hurry.

Little by little. 
Slowly but surely.
I will be there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Down in the Dumps

For weeks I have been staring into space, unaware of what I have been feeling. It seems like an endless cycle — one day I would feel empty, extremely lonely, and inadequate, then on the next, I'd be quite okay. I would then try to keep myself busy and focus on my study. But five minutes into my reading, I would grab my phone, play Village City and forget the world. At least for a minute or so. I would decide to go out to relax, but just when I had already put on my lipstick, I would sit on my bed and then change back to my jammies.  I do not want to see and talk to people. Last night, I stayed up late to talk to my boyfriend, Marvin, who has become my pseudo-therapist for the last five years. He is in Riyadh, KSA so I have to wait until about 12 midnight (PH time) to call him as it is around that time that he gets off work. All my hopes, fears, disappointments, frustrations, joys — all that I think and feel — I tell him. Well, maybe not  everything because there are times tha...

Grail Graduation Day '17

Our godchildren, Seanna Aquisha and Clent Lorenze, just graduated from Grail School last Thursday and their stage ninangs were there to proudly cheer them on! 😍 It seems like only yesterday when these cutie pies made headlines in our small barkada. I can still remember when Lornts, Lorenze's mom, broke the news about her bun in the oven. She was so chill about it while I was terrified for her and her CE Board Exams later that year. And who would forget the day when Shan, Seanna's mom, called us at Lorenze's christening to inform us that she was one month pregnant with her ass ex boyfriend. I was doubly scared for her because of her circumstances then. But life really surprises you. Now, the little ones just finished pre-school!