Skip to main content

Grail Graduation Day '17


Our godchildren, Seanna Aquisha and Clent Lorenze, just graduated from Grail School last Thursday and their stage ninangs were there to proudly cheer them on! 😍

It seems like only yesterday when these cutie pies made headlines in our small barkada. I can still remember when Lornts, Lorenze's mom, broke the news about her bun in the oven. She was so chill about it while I was terrified for her and her CE Board Exams later that year. And who would forget the day when Shan, Seanna's mom, called us at Lorenze's christening to inform us that she was one month pregnant with her ass ex boyfriend. I was doubly scared for her because of her circumstances then. But life really surprises you. Now, the little ones just finished pre-school!


I was a bit late when I arrived to the venue. I stood at the end of the covered court with my nephew and his nanny who got there earlier to watch the event. The Closing Exercises had already begun and medals were being awarded. I readied my camera as names were called, hoping that my godkids would get some. When they did, I walked briskly to the edge of the stage to capture the moment.



It was a long awarding ceremony because each pupil were given at least one medal. Haha. I am not sure what the two received, though I think Lorenze got a Most Behaved award for his mom won't stop laughing about it!



The Third Honor awardee led their Pledge of Loyalty although I doubt these tiny people understood what they were raising their hand for, let alone what they were mumbling about (if they did). 😅




Some sang with all their heart while others just wanted to get the party started or go home already. LOL.

After the program, parents but mostly relatives and friends of the graduates, took class pictures of Batch 2017 with their teachers and guests. I CANNOT WITH THE KIDS' WTH/IDGAF/FML LOOKS. 😆





They performed a play entitled "Bakit Walang Bango Ang Gumamela", which apparently was the same presentation we did two decades ago! Don't remember this bit but my former classmates told me so. I still have a photo of me wearing a green skirt. LOL




SO MUCH CUTENESS OMG 😂





My other godchild Donnafrel Czara Myrrh, Mira for short, graduated too! Well done, ate Mira!




I always feel inspired whenever I look back at how my best-friends stood tall and got past all their heartrending struggles. Truly, there is no challenge too overwhelming when one is determined and persistent. I will always be proud of these two and their growing bundles of joy for their strength.

Twenty one years ago Shan and I received our "diplomas" from the same school. We barely knew each other then and now we're almost inseparable. We hope our little ones would stay as friends as they grow up, too!

Congrats, beshies and babies! ❤

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There Will Be Days

Dandelion by Kamsar Ohanyan, 2021 There will be days when you wake up to a cuddle There will be days when mornings are a struggle There will be days when dancing feels good There will be days when music just can't give the right mood  There will be days when the food on the plate is wiped clean There will be days when a grain's left untouched or so it seems  There will be days when laughter echoes everywhere There will be days when not even a cricket's sound you can hear   There will be days when a short walk is enough to keep it at bay There will be days when you kneel and plead to make it go away There are days when the faintest of sunshine hurts your eyes And there are days when raindrops sound like solemn lullabies. PK.K.M.

How I Fell In And Out of Love with Sabin Resort Hotel

Ever heard about how beautiful Sabin Resort Hotel is? Or seen photos of it shared on Facebook? I have! My mom went there for a friend's birthday party and spoke highly of the place. But did I pay attention when she told me about it? Nope! In fact, I just scrolled down my news feeds after seeing thumbnail pictures of it. So should you pay attention to my story about SRH too? Don't make the same mistake, I think you should! HEHE. My older sister, Tasha, invited me to join her on a trip to Ormoc two weeks ago. Since I was emotionally drained from all the insane happenings here at home and at the Bureau of Internal Revenue, I immediately said yes and thought of things to do when I get there. Both Ate and I pursued our other studies in Cebu and passed through Ormoc for 4-5 years. However, neither of us have seen the city beyond the port area. Imagine my delight when I realized I could finally see the rest of it (though only for a short while)! I thought of  making an itinerary ...

Travel with Hoop

Get in the loop with HOOP! I am so ecstatic to share with everyone my latest project, a travel agency, HOOP Travels and Services! We are a home-based enterprise that offers domestic and international airline ticketing services, hotel accommodations and tour packages. We opened for business on January 20th and are operating 8 hours a day, all days of the week. I learned about this trade from Jerby, one of my college best-friends, who also owns one. She encouraged me to try it too, especially since I don't need much to get started. With a few hundred bucks and fast internet, I could book flights for anyone to anywhere around the world. I absolutely loved the idea and thought it was perfect for someone who has zero business management experience. I decided to pursue it once I get home, and with God's grace, we are now the first and only booking office in our area! 😊