Skip to main content

There Will Be Days

Dandelion by Kamsar Ohanyan, 2021

There will be days when you wake up to a cuddle
There will be days when mornings are a struggle

There will be days when dancing feels good
There will be days when music just can't give the right mood 

There will be days when the food on the plate is wiped clean
There will be days when a grain's left untouched or so it seems 

There will be days when laughter echoes everywhere
There will be days when not even a cricket's sound you can hear
 
There will be days when a short walk is enough to keep it at bay
There will be days when you kneel and plead to make it go away

There are days when the faintest of sunshine hurts your eyes
And there are days when raindrops sound like solemn lullabies.

PK.K.M.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life So Far

In two days the results of the 2017 Bar Examinations will be released. On May 3rd, it will be a year since ours were posted. A year since my life made a huge turn.  I've been trying to write about the whole Bar experience but I still can't organize my thoughts. Too many memories come and go, and sometimes, I am left with nothing. At all. Though I did write drafts of other stories that I'd like to keep here. A birthday post. A latest project post. A post about the danger of not giving a f uc k. But I've deleted all of them, just now. I don't know 😕 Have you ever had that? That moment when you are dying to tell someone about these amazing things happening in your life but for some reason you just can't?  So I'll just sum it up: life has been good, so far.

Down in the Dumps

For weeks I have been staring into space, unaware of what I have been feeling. It seems like an endless cycle — one day I would feel empty, extremely lonely, and inadequate, then on the next, I'd be quite okay. I would then try to keep myself busy and focus on my study. But five minutes into my reading, I would grab my phone, play Village City and forget the world. At least for a minute or so. I would decide to go out to relax, but just when I had already put on my lipstick, I would sit on my bed and then change back to my jammies.  I do not want to see and talk to people. Last night, I stayed up late to talk to my boyfriend, Marvin, who has become my pseudo-therapist for the last five years. He is in Riyadh, KSA so I have to wait until about 12 midnight (PH time) to call him as it is around that time that he gets off work. All my hopes, fears, disappointments, frustrations, joys — all that I think and feel — I tell him. Well, maybe not  everything because there are times tha...

Grail Graduation Day '17

Our godchildren, Seanna Aquisha and Clent Lorenze, just graduated from Grail School last Thursday and their stage ninangs were there to proudly cheer them on! 😍 It seems like only yesterday when these cutie pies made headlines in our small barkada. I can still remember when Lornts, Lorenze's mom, broke the news about her bun in the oven. She was so chill about it while I was terrified for her and her CE Board Exams later that year. And who would forget the day when Shan, Seanna's mom, called us at Lorenze's christening to inform us that she was one month pregnant with her ass ex boyfriend. I was doubly scared for her because of her circumstances then. But life really surprises you. Now, the little ones just finished pre-school!