Skip to main content

Love / Loss

 And I am in love, and I am terrified.

There goes Katharine, my cue that I should stop, I should calm myself. I had to change my mood before my sister notices. 

Curtained Balcony of Cordoba by Paul J. Bucknall, 2011

I stopped but tears still rolled down my cheeks.

I sat silently in the veranda, wrapped my cardigan tighter to keep myself warm. That was the second time that I sobbed because of him. I had to cut our conversation so he wouldn't notice. Indeed, he didn't.

I shouldn't feel this way. I knew from the beginning that everything will change and it would be pretty tough especially for me. I don't think it was a hasty decision because I was aware of it. I wanted it. I consciously agreed to it. And here I am, repairing my heart that suffers disappointment almost every day. 

What I fear most these days is not of losing him one day, though I am almost certain it would not happen. On the contrary, I am afraid that I may lose myself along the way. 

For days I have been in conflict with myself. I don't know why but I've been wanting to go back to the old me. When I was unattached, when I never had to care for someone so much. I can't remember anymore, it is as if I had forgotten how I was before. And it scares me.

I am so confused and I despise it that he had to ask why. He told me not think too much, and that I have exams. Well, thank God for an on/off switch!

Nobody said relationships are easy, yet how come everyone wants a piece of it?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Sickness and In Health: Our COVID-19 Story

Congrats, you're positive," said the woman on the other line. It was past 10 in the evening of June 19th when we were informed of the dreaded news. We had been anxious the entire day waiting for the results of our swab test. Although we'd been exhibiting all the common symptoms, we were still hoping it was nothing serious. But just as we were about to fall into a deep slumber, my phone rang and we were wide awake again. We got infected with the coronavirus. I started feeling sick five days prior. I was at the office when my body began feeling weak. My head was spinning and my vision, blurry. I could not finish my lunch. I wanted to go home early but I was afraid I might not make it safe. I tried keeping to myself for some time, waiting impatiently for the day to end. At about 4 in the afternoon, though, I was almost certain that I was having a fever. So I went out of our office and asked the security guard if he still had the thermometer gun with him. He pointed the gadget...

Down in the Dumps

For weeks I have been staring into space, unaware of what I have been feeling. It seems like an endless cycle — one day I would feel empty, extremely lonely, and inadequate, then on the next, I'd be quite okay. I would then try to keep myself busy and focus on my study. But five minutes into my reading, I would grab my phone, play Village City and forget the world. At least for a minute or so. I would decide to go out to relax, but just when I had already put on my lipstick, I would sit on my bed and then change back to my jammies.  I do not want to see and talk to people. Last night, I stayed up late to talk to my boyfriend, Marvin, who has become my pseudo-therapist for the last five years. He is in Riyadh, KSA so I have to wait until about 12 midnight (PH time) to call him as it is around that time that he gets off work. All my hopes, fears, disappointments, frustrations, joys — all that I think and feel — I tell him. Well, maybe not  everything because there are times tha...

Grail Graduation Day '17

Our godchildren, Seanna Aquisha and Clent Lorenze, just graduated from Grail School last Thursday and their stage ninangs were there to proudly cheer them on! 😍 It seems like only yesterday when these cutie pies made headlines in our small barkada. I can still remember when Lornts, Lorenze's mom, broke the news about her bun in the oven. She was so chill about it while I was terrified for her and her CE Board Exams later that year. And who would forget the day when Shan, Seanna's mom, called us at Lorenze's christening to inform us that she was one month pregnant with her ass ex boyfriend. I was doubly scared for her because of her circumstances then. But life really surprises you. Now, the little ones just finished pre-school!