Skip to main content

How You See Me

Self-blame by Anastasiia Grygorieva, 2016

Like a stone
On a hill
That is how you see me.

Like a bug
On a plant
That is how you see me.

Like an anchor
On the shore
That is how you see me.

Like a needle
That pricks your finger
That is how you see me.

Is that how I see?

PK.K.M.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There Will Be Days

Dandelion by Kamsar Ohanyan, 2021 There will be days when you wake up to a cuddle There will be days when mornings are a struggle There will be days when dancing feels good There will be days when music just can't give the right mood  There will be days when the food on the plate is wiped clean There will be days when a grain's left untouched or so it seems  There will be days when laughter echoes everywhere There will be days when not even a cricket's sound you can hear   There will be days when a short walk is enough to keep it at bay There will be days when you kneel and plead to make it go away There are days when the faintest of sunshine hurts your eyes And there are days when raindrops sound like solemn lullabies. PK.K.M.

Love / Loss

 And I am in love, and I am terrified. There goes Katharine, my cue that I should stop, I should calm myself. I had to change my mood before my sister notices.  Curtained Balcony of Cordoba by Paul J. Bucknall, 2011 I stopped but tears still rolled down my cheeks. I sat silently in the veranda, wrapped my cardigan tighter to keep myself warm. That was the second time that I sobbed because of him. I had to cut our conversation so he wouldn't notice. Indeed, he didn't. I shouldn't feel this way. I knew from the beginning that everything will change and it would be pretty tough especially for me. I don't think it was a hasty decision because I was aware of it. I wanted it. I consciously agreed to it. And here I am, repairing my heart that suffers disappointment almost every day.  What I fear most these days is not of losing him one day, though I am almost certain it would not happen. On the contrary, I am afraid that I may lose myself along the way.  For days I have bee...

How I Fell In And Out of Love with Sabin Resort Hotel

Ever heard about how beautiful Sabin Resort Hotel is? Or seen photos of it shared on Facebook? I have! My mom went there for a friend's birthday party and spoke highly of the place. But did I pay attention when she told me about it? Nope! In fact, I just scrolled down my news feeds after seeing thumbnail pictures of it. So should you pay attention to my story about SRH too? Don't make the same mistake, I think you should! HEHE. My older sister, Tasha, invited me to join her on a trip to Ormoc two weeks ago. Since I was emotionally drained from all the insane happenings here at home and at the Bureau of Internal Revenue, I immediately said yes and thought of things to do when I get there. Both Ate and I pursued our other studies in Cebu and passed through Ormoc for 4-5 years. However, neither of us have seen the city beyond the port area. Imagine my delight when I realized I could finally see the rest of it (though only for a short while)! I thought of  making an itinerary ...