Skip to main content

6th & Forever


The chismis is real! We're engaged! 💖

I was playing on my phone when I heard over the intercom that Marvin's plane has landed. I let out a sigh of relief, thankful that he's arrived safely. I immediately texted him where I was and where he should go so I'd see him. Each time a batch of passengers would come out from the building, I'd search for him, feeling a bit antsy. It's embarrassing but frankly, I wasn't sure how he actually looked, though we've just had a video call less than 24 hours ago. But when I saw him walking down the ramp, I knew for sure that that was him. It's been two years and it was only then that I realized how I've truly missed him!

Like the moment when we first sat side by side as lovers, seeing him for the first time after a very long time felt pretty awkward. I was hesitant to display affection in front of hundreds of strangers. Lels. But he did kiss me on my forehead and I then gave him a hug - still in disbelief that his 2-year contract in KSA has ended and now he's home.

I made plans on how we'd spend our short stay in Metro Manila as he wanted to make the most out of it. However, we had to cancel everything due to bad weather, although I saw to it that we'd go to the cinema. We love watching movies. But the poor guy was so tired from his trip he fell asleep a few minutes after It started! 

Afterward, we strolled around the Mall of Asia while we talked about his flight. We were passing by jewelry stores when I mentioned about my conversation with my sister in law earlier before I left to pick him up. She was teasing me then asked me what would I do if he proposes to me at the airport. Needless to say, everyone expects us to get married already. I laughed and said it won't happen. My boyfriend is not a huge fan of grand romantic gestures and neither am I. I find public proposals cute and thrilling but that's just about it. I'd still go for About Time Tim or A Walk To Remember Landon kind of proposal - quiet, sincere, and private.

Little did I know that I'd be living the fantasy the next day.




On September 12th, 3 days before our 6th anniversary, with just us two in the room, he sat down, pulled me in, and opened the little purple box in front of me. I had imagined this moment but I could not have prepared myself for it. He was so charming and apparently nervous, I could not stop giggling. Despite the simplicity of his gesture, it still felt magical when he said he loves me and slipped the ring on my finger. This is it! It's happening!

I called my siblings and told them that dinner was on us. We brought food but still kept mum about the occasion. Then again, my sister was quick to notice the ring even if I had already stretched the sleeves of Ambin's jacket to hide it. We were going to tell them but when it came down, I decided not to. I don't know; I guess I wanted to keep it to ourselves for a little while? Let our parents know first?

But the proposal did not end there.

A few days after we celebrated our 6th anniversary, we had a huge fight. It got so intense I took my engagement ring off and gave it back to him. Naturally, it infuriated him so he threw it away. The ring meant so much more than a symbol that we're getting married. For him, it meant us, our future and our dreams. We were at home at that time while my parents were asleep upstairs. We were arguing as quietly as possible lest we wake them. It had not been a week since we announced our engagement and there we were, wishing we did not do it. It was so stupid and I was so sorry for my behavior. After we cooled down, we talked and apologized to each other for acting up. We looked for the ring, reaffirmed our promise to each other, and this time, I asked him to kneel down and pop the question properly. Honestly, how ridiculous can we get? 

So Ambin, my boyfriend of 6 years, my first and only love, knelt down, took the ring out of his pocket (he kept it there the whole time!), and asked his crazy girlfriend if she would marry him. I was laughing at how insane we were, how cheesy the whole thing was, how different we are from each other, and how we'd look past each other's uniqueness for our forever. I smiled and said yes! He's the ultimate dream. Hehe. I then swore to never take the ring off the next time and try to calm down first. LOL. Of course except for when doing my chores and the like. 😅


Thank you for asking me, babe. And thank you for not going for a melodramatic proposal with lots of people around. Mahal kita. 💓

Comments